kingcobra80
kingcobra80, Repair Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience repairing/installing various appliances
32169475

My Rowenta iron has stopped steaming except when I hold the

My Rowenta iron has stopped steaming except when I hold the "steam clean" lever as far as it will go. Then the steam comes out full-blast. But I can't get any steam even with the regulator on the hottest setting. Please help!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  kingcobra80 replied 6 years ago.
Try running a descaler through it a couple of times first. Most likley it has scale build up in the tubes and not just the sole plate. If this doesn't help reply back to me on this same question and we will try to diagnose further. You can purchase descaler anywhere they sell irons. Always make sure, when the iron is not in use, you empty it. Also run the descaler through about every month and it will stay clean. if you need further help please give me the actual model number from the unit.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Would white vinegar work as well as the descaler? I have been trying to get this question to you for several days. If I don't hear from you in the next couple of days, I will go to the store and look for the "descaler." Thanks.

White vinegar will work as well. Descaler is just a little more potent. Sorry for the delay, my internet has been down so I could not respond to anything. Hope this helps.