Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a GE Profile Side by Side Refrigerator. Refrigerator

I have a GE Profile Side by Side Refrigerator. Refrigerator is making chugging noises. Ice maker is turned off, regfrigerator is less than 3 years old. Why is refrigerator making a chugging noice?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Is it making the noise all the time? If you open the freezer door does the noise get louder or go away or??
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
noise does not go away or get louder when freezer door is opened.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
ok, can you see where the sound is coming from or where does it sound like it's coming from?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

refrigerator side of appliance..appears to make this noice when cooling the refrigerator..

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
ok pull the refrigerator out and remove the lower back panel. See if the noise sounds like it's coming from the large big black round metal compressor or the condenser fan motor next to it.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Unable to tell...refrigerator stopped making the noise.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
it's really hard to speculate where the sound may be coming from but if you can't pinpoint it, it's likely coming from the compressor or the condenser fan and one of them may need to be replaced. You'll need to wait for the noise to come up again so you can try to figure out where it's coming from which is the most important thing to solving the problem.