Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a Whirlpool side by side ref/freezer. Turned off ice

I have a Whirlpool side by side ref/freezer. Turned off ice maker several months ago and it would not make ice when it was turned on. We spent over $100 on part that didn't work. I want my ice maker back, what should I do?????
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

If you open the door first, look at the red light to the right, is it flashing 2 times and then pausing over and over? If you shut the flap on the left side and make a clear path from right to left, does the light turn solid?

OK, now look inside the icemaker itself, is there any ice or water in the icemaker mold? There are white fingers that push the ice out of the icemaker mold, what direction are they facing? Are they above the horizon or below? Pointing forward or backwards?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
fingers pointing forward below horizon lights working as stated above
ok then you need a new icemaker because the icemaker should never stop any direction but pointing forward and 45 degrees above the horizon. If it stops any other direction, your icemaker is faulty so you will need to order and replace it, you can't just fix it.