J1204
J1204, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  5 Years servicing major home appliances, specializing in washers and dryers. 7+ years diagnosing electrical circuits
52580232

model wtw6600sw2 There is a loud very noise when tub is spinning.

model wtw6600sw2
There is a loud very noise when tub is spinning. it sounds like a bad bearing also can I see a parts breakdown
Thank you for advise
Category: Appliance
Expert:  J1204 replied 6 years ago.

Hi I'll be glad to help you with this. If your getting a lound grinding noise while the unit is spinning, you are correct you will need a new tub bearing. Unfortunately on these models, the bearing is built into the tub, so to replace the bearing, you will have to relace the outer tub.(not extremely difficult to do, just takes time because you have to tear apart the whole machine)Here is a diagram and parts listing, the only thing you would need would be the outer tub, #11 on the diagram. Hope this info. helps you out, any other questions, feel free to ask.Josh

http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/part-model/Whirlpool-Parts/Washer-Parts/Model-WTW6200SW2/1198/0153200/W0702068/00003?blt=06&prst=&shdMod=