Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a new Lg front load washer. Purchased a year ago but

I have a new Lg front load washer. Purchased a year ago but just now putting it into service
The door lock is not operating properly, get 'de' on display, tried unplugging to reset as phone tech suggested.
No change. Can hear the relay click. If I hold door shut with considerable pressure it will light display and run
Held door for duration of a load, ugh! Any input will be greatly appreciated
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

DE is a door error. Below is a link on what to check to correct this problem but unfortunately it generally means that you need a new door latch assembly.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

this is a brand new unit, should not need new part

is there an adjustment?

there is no adjustment, sounds like it may have been bad from the factory or it could have gotten damaged in shipping. You'll need to call warranty and they will repair it free of charge.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

bought the unit a year ago, out of warranty, waiting for plumbing to be finished so never got to use the washer in the warranty time

is this something I can repair?

you can repair this yourself if you want, just remove the wire ring around the front of the rubber door gasket (pry it off with a flat head screwdriver), unplug the unit from the wall, and remove the screws out of the door latch assembly and replace it.