Craig
Craig, Electrical Technician
Experience:  33 years experience electrical troubleshooting industrial equipment and control systems.

i have a commercial waring toaster, 4 slice and now it will

Customer Question

i have a commercial waring toaster, 4 slice and now it will not stay down when it is depressed and it does not heat i imagine because it is not staying down. what needs to be done to it and can i do it myself or where can i get this repaired near here we are in elizabeth, nj., union county and what do they have to do to repair it.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Craig replied 3 years ago.

Craig :

I've seen this before, it's probably full of crumbs. Take it over to the sink and shake it out. First flip it upside down and pull the little handle to open the bottom hatch door. Use a can of compressed air if you have any and blow it out. That will probably clean the thermal latch on the front lever, and allow it to lock when you move the lever down to toast.

Expert:  Craig replied 3 years ago.
What Happens Now?

Your chat has ended, but you can still work with your Expert to get an answer to your question if you have not yet received one.

Come back to this page at any time to see additional information from your Expert.  You will also receive an email when your question is updated.  If you want to send a message to your Expert, use the box below.

If you have already received a satisfactory answer to your question, click the Accept button above.  Experts are credited for each accepted answer they provide.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
craig what other information do you need. i will look at the toaster and get the model and serial numbers. the toaster is only one to two years old. i will be back on.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
craig what other information do you need. i will look at the toaster and get the model and serial numbers. the toaster is only one to two years old. i will be back on. we have a different computer and i am not that familiar with it so please be patient.
Expert:  Craig replied 3 years ago.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
i guess i had the wrong patience lol. i did make sure that i cleaned out all the crumbs and turned it upside down last week and was surprised how much crumbs came out after i took the crumb tray out. i did not mention it because i make sure that i turn it upside down when cleaning it every so often. the model number is XXXXX 708.
Expert:  Craig replied 3 years ago.
Take a look inside again on the end with the latching lever to hold it down. It is probably just blocked with crumbs. Clean it good around that end so it can latch. USe a small brush or something to poke around in that area and see what you can do. That's usually all it is.