Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a Whirlpool duet sport dryer. The lint tray is getting

I have a Whirlpool duet sport dryer. The lint tray is getting hung up now and the only was to remove it is to remove the plastic piece inside the dryer drum to remove. A metal strip that apparently helps push the screen toward the plastic piece (grid) is what is causing it to "hang". What can I do?
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Try bending the metal spring strip so that it's not sticking out so far and catching on the lint screen. If you can't get it bent back tinto place correctly you'll just need to replace the lint filter housing with the tension clip so it stops catching.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Is this something I can replace myself?
Deffinitely if you wanted to. The lower front panel on the dryer comes off if you remove the 3 screws along the bottom. That will give you access to the lint filter housing that you can remove the screws out of to remove the housing. There should just be a few screws across the top of it and one bracket at the bottom left corner to remove to take the filter housing off.