Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Hi. I have a GE Profile easy touch dryer (model number DPSB620EC4WW)

Hi.

I have a GE Profile easy touch dryer (model number DPSB620EC4WW) that won't start. The lights on the control panel light up and it lets me set the cycle. The light on the start button keeps flashing as if the door is open but it's not. I probed the switch wires (two white and one green/white) with voltage light and I get a light on both combinations when the swich is extended (as if the door is open). The light goes out for both when I depress the switch so I "assume" the switch is operating correctly. What else could it be?

Also, I tried unplugging the unit and letting sit for 10 minutes in case there was something to reset. No luck (sorry if it was a stupid idea).
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

This is either going to be an issue with your door switch or your control board itself. To me, it sounds like you have a bad door switch. You should have power on 2 of the wires when the door is open when test to ground. Then when you press the switch, you should have power on the one that didn't have power the first time, along with one of the wires that had power before. Replace either the door switch or the control board depending on your results.