S.E.Thomas
S.E.Thomas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  16 yrs in the field and current owner of S.E.Thomas appliance

purchased whirlpool dryer wed7600xw. hole in bottom for vent.

purchased whirlpool dryer wed7600xw. hole in bottom for vent. dealer says because of blower position dryer can not vent through the bottom.why would you sell a dryer that couln't be vented through the bottom.I t doesn't make sense. Why the hole in the bottom?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  S.E.Thomas replied 3 years ago.

S.E.Thomas :

all of the cabinets ane made the same and used for multiple different models. i do believe that this can be vented out the bottom though. can you please double check your model number inside the dryer door or the rear of the dryer?

S.E.Thomas :

are you there?

Customer :

yes

Customer :

back in 2 minutes

Customer :

wed7600xw0

S.E.Thomas :

does your vent currently come out of the center of the rear of the unit directly over the hole in the bottom of the unit?

S.E.Thomas :

they do sell a side vent kit for this unit which means that it can also be vented out the bottom in most cases.

S.E.Thomas :

im looking for a better pic of this unit at the moment

Customer :

yes however it looks like the exhaust tube sticks toofar out to attach a 90 degree and vent through the bottom

S.E.Thomas :

ok i am sorry but this unit is not able to be vented out the bottom. this has the newer style round flat blower

S.E.Thomas :

it can be vented out the side or rear only

S.E.Thomas :

the reason the hole is in the bottom is due to the fact that they use the same cabinet for different models

Customer :

assuming that the blower can't be moved replacing the straight vent out the back with 90 through was the plan?

Customer :

through the bottom...

S.E.Thomas :

no you can not move the blower and therefore can not vent this unit out the bottom

Customer :

I have to go in 15 minutes.will you be back by then?

S.E.Thomas :

what do you mean?

S.E.Thomas :

im sorry im not sure what you are saying?

S.E.Thomas :

i will be here for a while

Customer :

which part don't you understand

Customer :

The hole in bottom is directly aabove the hole in rear. howevra duct coming out of the blower extends so fa far to the that it will only vent through the rear/

Customer :

.

S.E.Thomas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 16 yrs in the field and current owner of S.E.Thomas appliance
not about that. i answered that. you said "I have to go in 15 minutes.will you be back by then?"