SubZero_Wolf Expert
SubZero_Wolf Expert, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Licensed Appliance Journeyman
46655473

Fisher & Paykel Dishwasher Nautilus FP920. Ive just bought

Customer Question

Fisher & Paykel Dishwasher Nautilus FP920. I've just bought a 2nd hand dishwasher. I ran it through a quick eco was to test all was OK and it started beeping at the end of the cycle with "1" on the screen. It hasn't drained the water. Can you help or will I need a repair man? Thanks
Category: Appliance
Expert:  SubZero_Wolf Expert replied 3 years ago.

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

Hello, I can help you with this. You have water under the lower drawer from a leak or most likely an overflow due to a blocked drain pump. Remove the lower drawer by pressing in on the side tabs and lifting the drawer up and off the rails, then to the left. You can then remove the water in the machine base pan. This will resolve the F1 error code. Then you will need to run the machine and see if it will drain. If not remove the pump and go from there. If it drains ok, check for leaks. Let me know if you end up needing the pump part number or if you have any other questions.

Customer :

Thanks. Dad will be here in a minute to try and see how he goes

Customer :

What is the lower drawer? Is it the metal panel on the bottom at the front?

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

no problem, let me know what you find.

Customer :

Or do you mean the wire rack?

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

Some units are two drawers on top of another

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

This must be a single, then

Customer :

Its just a standard looking dishwasher

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

This is not he drawers version?

Customer :

No it doesnt have draws

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

Sorry I misread the model number. You will need to remove the kick-panel on this version and find the leak.

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

The kick panel is below the door.

Customer :

OK - will do that. Should it be easy to find the problem?

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

It may not be. If the fault is not caused by the flood switch (water in the base pan), then it could be the heater or the water temp sensor. At that point I would call a pro.

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

Sorry, I have to go. I'll let another tech help you further. Please post and it will be seen by all techs. Thanks

Customer :

Is anyone able to help me further

Customer :

We've pulled the kick plate off, shone a torch in, and can't see any water anywhere.

Customer :

Obviously not

Customer :

I just rang a local repair man. He asked us to turn the machine back on to test the pump and it started pumping out the water straight away. The pipe was blocked under the sink - nothing wrong with the dishwasher.