Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech
Experience:  Over 35 years of in home appliance repair and service
14308609

My GE Profile fridge is making a strange rattling sound, sounds

My GE Profile fridge is making a strange rattling sound, sounds like someone is using an electric saw in the garage. It's been "leaking" for the last couple of weeks. Water drips down the back left side. Your advice would be much much appreciated! Thanks!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Larry replied 6 years ago.
Hello, I'm Larry and here to try to help you with your problem today so please say on line ,, it may be only a few minutes before i can help

may i have the model number please
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Where would I find that?
it will be on the inside of the fridge on the right hand wall, on the ceiling or down by the toe grill
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
PTC22SBMARBS SER HD907681V ???????
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
MOD PTC22SBMARBS SER HD907681V
you need to clear the drain and on this one it isn't easy ,, remove the lower panel inside the freezer and the remove the cover over the coils and being very easy you will remove the defrost heater and pour hot water into the drain under the heater to open it up and the water to drain and remove the ice from around the fan, put it back together and remove the drain tube from the back and clean it out, put all back together and it will be fine .. Glad i could help you with your problem today so please hit the accept button for me before you leave so i may be paid ,, Thanks
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
So, your repair advice will solve both problems? Is the noise I heard a few times in the past hour part of this drain issue?
yes it will ,, the fan is hitting the ice
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Okay thanks Larry, I have no problem paying for your service. I'm hesitant because I don't want to lose you and still have questions. The only area that I think could be opened is the front panel, should be easy to take off with a screwdriver... but you said not easy.... so, what do I need to know to be a successful fridge repairman in this situation?
you have no problem coming back for help if you need me even after you press the accept, just come back to this link and send me a note and i can respond back to help .. thanks
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Are all these instructions done inside the freezer or does the fridge have to be pulled away from the wall?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Do you mean lower panel at the front of the freezer? This only requires a screwdriver. Why wouldn't it be easy? I took out the two screws at the front of the freezer, nothing comes loose. What lower panel do you mean? At the back?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
It appears to be sealed with sealant.... I think I need a real live repairman. Can you come over? Or send me a diagram?
where do you live?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Kensington, Calgary, Alberta
haha ,, sorry but i live in Arkansas and this a little to far ,, you can get a local small appliance service company which would be cheaper and it would be a wise idea but you keep trying if you ,, but as i said be very careful with the defrost heater after you get into it or if you have another fridge you can use it and unplug this fridge and leave it off with the doors open for atlease 24 hours to melt out