John, restaurant equipment technician
Experience:  25+ years experience. I'm now employed by a commercial cooking equipment service company

Panasonic microwave model NN-S951BF, intermittent problem.

Panasonic microwave model NN-S951BF, intermittent problem. When time is entered and m/w started will run for 3-4 seconds and stop. When it stops the turntable and interior light stop and timer goes to 0 seconds. When running normally door can be opened and timer stops and will resume if restarted. Can also do same with stop/reset button. M/W will heat when running normally.

The timing circuit in your control board is malfunctioning. The board needs to be replaced. My parts sources don't list the board, and I'm unable to find it on the internet.

I suggest you call Panasonic's customer service number at(NNN) NNN-NNNN They may have questions only you can answer.

If my answer helps you, please click on the 'accept' button. That's how we experts are paid for our efforts.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
What causes this to happen intermittently. It will work fine 10 - 15 times then shut off 4-6 times then work fine again?

All the components on the control printed circuit board are mechanically soldered to it in a process called wave soldering. On occasion a circuit trace will not take as much solder as it should, a overtime a crack develops. The crack is extremely small, and with varying ambient temperatures, will make and break contact intermittantly. It would take an extended search with a microscope to locate it.