gst85
gst85, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  i have over 15 yrs experience in home appliance repairs and installs

Frigidaire refrigerator keeps beeping every minute or so. Ive

Frigidaire refrigerator keeps beeping every minute or so. I've unplugged it and replugged it. Still beeps
Category: Appliance
Expert:  gst85 replied 3 years ago.

gst85 :

hi how hows the tempeture reading on both sides

Customer :

Normal. I even increased one side. The gauge shows 6 and 7

gst85 :

ok 5 on both sides is normal .can you make sure that your doors are closingflush

gst85 :

also beeping noise can mean that your water filter needs to be changed

Customer :

OK, let me see if changing the filter works

Customer :

The doors are closing flush. I did check that

gst85 :

ok i am here

Customer :

OK, I'm an idiot. Where do I change the filter? I pulled that Electrolux thing out, but I don't see if I'm supposed to change that

gst85 :

were you able to figure it out

Customer :

I looked at the bottom of the fridge, but I don't see what to do. So no, I didn't.

gst85 :

ok do you have an instruction manual with you

Customer :

Alas, no. But I think I get it. It's a cartridge, yes? The water filtration cassette at the top of the fridge?

gst85 :

yes .also .you can go to repair clinic.com just type in your model number you can pull up a diagram ,it will show you were it is located

gst85 :

if i have helped you in any way pressing accept pays me .thank you

Customer :

I haven't replaced it since I got the refrigerator. Two-three years ago. Does this make sense?

gst85 :

yes sir that would have to be the problem

gst85 :

hope that i was able to help you

Customer :

OK, I replaced the filter (it was 3 years old), but it's still beeping

gst85 :

then it it appears that you have another issue possibly a circuit board default

gst85 :

if you dont feel comfortable trouble shooting it on your own then it would be best to have a repair man come to your home

Customer :

So there's no other possibility, short of calling a technician?

gst85, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: i have over 15 yrs experience in home appliance repairs and installs