John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have a Maytag 3000 Performance Series Front- Load Automatic

I have a Maytag 3000 Performance Series Front- Load Automatic Washer. Model MHWE300VW It was purchased in January 2009.
The washer was on Quick Wash. The hot water would not stop running. When it came to the last cycle the Sud sign came on. I let the cycle complete. The hot water continues to run. Can you Help ?
Please reply to: [email protected]
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 6 years ago.

Thanks for the question.

Will the hot water shut off by turning the timer to off or pulling the plug please.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The Hot water still flows when the washer has completed its full cycle, and is off.
I did see the Sud sign show at almost the end of cycle, no matter which cycle it has been set at. It continues to run a few minutes after the Sud sign but when it finishes and stops the hot water still runs even afyer the washer door is opened.
Expert:  John replied 6 years ago.
If thats whats happening the water valve is the problem, thats the part the hot and cold hoses connect to.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Please tell me how to go about repairing the water valve, or do I need to get a service man in?
Expert:  John replied 6 years ago.
Is that the correct model number that one isn't in the system.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The discription on my invoice reads MHWE300VW White 27" Front Load If that is not good enough I will look at the details on the machine. Let me know if that will help.
Expert:  John replied 6 years ago.

Thats not in the system, its the part the water hoses connect to,

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
There is a small white lable that is visable when one opens the washer door. The letters & #s are HLW4406691 also W10157506 do they help or are there other #s I should look for and where would I find them.
Expert:  John replied 6 years ago.
No its not in the system, have you pulled the washer out to see the part that needs to be replaced, usually with the Maytag all you do is remove a small panel to replace the water valve.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
It looks like the panel runs all along the back, which encludes the drain pipe at the end of the panel
Expert:  John replied 6 years ago.
tip the washer back and tell me if you see a belt please.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I am not strong enough to tip the washer. If you think I need a new water valve what is the style # XXXXX who could I order it from.
Expert:  John replied 6 years ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLPGs2UMUJc&feature=related

look at this and tell me if it looks like yours if it does you can see how to get to the water valve.Let me know please.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
No it is not the washer. I have a front load Performance 3000
Expert:  John replied 6 years ago.
I'm sorry I cant bring up the breakdown of that model to show you how to replace the water valve theres usually a plate at the back that you remove.you have to pull the washer out and they are heavy,
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I have not been able to correct the problem with the advice you have given. I have now contacted the company I purchased the washer from, and it is still under warrentee. They will have a tech here next Wednesday to look at the problem.
Expert:  John replied 6 years ago.
If its under warranty thats what you have to do is call on for service.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I have decided not to pay, you were unable to help.

Thank you
Expert:  John replied 6 years ago.

Well I did tell you what the problem is so its up to you if you dont want to pay.

You have a great Day.

Expert:  John replied 6 years ago.

You have a great Day.