Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.

I have a LG washer dryer combo #wm3431hw and the door wont

I have a LG washer dryer combo #wm3431hw and the door won't open. Have no error messages. Tried resetting by turning power off. I need help.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.
Hi my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem.

Hi it's very likely the door lock is bad. You will need to replace the door lock. To manually open the door take the top off the machine by removing the 3 screws along the top lip. Then slide the top back and pull it off. Next reach down to the lock from the top and pull the tab to manually open the door. The lock can be replaced from here by taking the screws out in the front of the lock.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask. If you have no further questions please don't forget to hit the accept button since this is how I get paid for my time and effort. Thanks.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Ok, do I remove the lock from the door or from the unit itself?
Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.
To open the door pull the tab on the lock, this is inside the unit. The door locking mechanism from the inside will have to be replaced.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
the door locking unit form the inside of where?, door or unit. I am not a repair person nor a mind reader. I asked a straight forward question and did not receive a straight forward answer.
Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.
The door locking assembly is inside the machine down by the door??? As stated in previous posts take the top off and reach down to the door lock. Its where the pointy part sticks in the door. That is the door lock assembly. I don't know how what else I can say...its where the door locks.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I no longer need advice from you as I called in a repairman and he found that the handle itself is broken. It is a hard plastic and it broke while the door was shut. I will pay you but this was the worse idea I ever had, asking someone on line and having to wait on an answer.

Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.
I'm sorry you had to wait but I am an active appliance guy, I have to work during the day.