Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a front load washer from GE and washed a rug in it.

I have a front load washer from GE and washed a rug in it. My washer stopped spinning and draining and I replaced the timer ,cause I thought this was the problem. It was not. I now have a new timer in place and the washer is still not spinning or draining, so I think it might be a problem with a clogged drain.
How do I unclog the drain in my washer?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

Ok . this is pretty straight forward on this on, first you need to remove the panel under thee door # XXXXX on this diagram,

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here
to do this remove the screws marked # XXXXX when you get this off the pump will be in the front right corner, part # XXXXX on this diagram,

Register Here
you will need to get some towel and remove the hoses from he pump. you probably have a bunch of the backing from the rug in the pump. its easier to just remove the pump altogether and clean it, check the hoses also. hope this is helpful, thanks Bryan

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Bryan, I will pay you the money, I am just wondering if it could be something else altogether. I really would like to do some laundry asap, but if there might be other problems altogether, I might just have to wait until Monday and get a service tech come by here.

I am already the proud owner of a 150 dollar part I probably did not need (the timer) and do not want to go further down the path of making things worse.

Do you know if I can return the new timer since it really was not the problem?