Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a Maytag dryer model PYE4557AYW that stopped mid cycle.

I have a Maytag dryer model PYE4557AYW that stopped mid cycle. drum turns freely, no light, timer switch is "ticking" and is hot to the touch. is it possible for the thermal fuse to be bad if the timer is ticking and seems to be drawing power?

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

yes the thermal fuse is blown in this, comes in a set , let me look up the diagrams for you, thanks Bryan

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
thanks i'll replace
ok, this is located on the side off he heater assembly part # XXXXX is the one thats bad,

Register Here
take putty knife and about 3" in from each side thee are clips between the top and the front panel, push these in and lift the top up, the heater is right in the back behind he drum, check and make sure its not shorted since you say its warm. if it shorted thats what caused the thermal fuse to blow, the thermal fuse is hard to get to in this,take the screw that holds the heater in 1/4" screw and then you get the thermal fuse out, remember to unplug the dryer before servicing, you can order this @ http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Thermal-Fuse-and-High-Limit-Thermostat/3344?modelNumber=PYE4557AYW hope this helps, thanks Bryan