Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a Kenmore oven that constantly beeps and an F-4 code

I have a Kenmore oven that constantly beeps and an F-4 code in the display window. I have unplugged the oven and re-connected the power, but I still get the same beep and code. What do I do now?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

so I can help you better can you get me the full model #? thanks Bryan

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Oven came with the house I just bought, don't have any books on the oven. Where would the model number be located on the appliance?
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
is this a free standing range or wall oven?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
free standing range
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
ok it should have a drawer in the bottom pull the out and the model # XXXXX be on a tag on the side,
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Ok, this will take me a few minutes. Please reply back so I can send you what I fined
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
ok
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
m/n(NNN) NNN-NNNN
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
OK, this range is made by Roper, which is made by Whirlpool , confusing right? anyway you need the oven sensor for this,
F4Shorted oven temperature sensorReplace oven temperature sensor

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here
Sears has the best price for this at $43.00, you can order it @ http://www.searspartsdire ct.com/partsdirect/part-number/Kenmore-Parts/Range-Parts/WB23T10002/0022/364/Model-91193211991/0582/0124111?keySuffixId=NA&productTypeId=x&searchModelNumber=91193211991&subCompDesc=Body&brandDesc=KENMORE&modelDesc=RANGE&blt=11 its sticks out at the top inside the oven right where the broils element is in the back , heres a diagram,

Register Here
its part # XXXXX on this diagram, hope this helps, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
How do I stop the beeping and is the range top safe to use?
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
well the range is safe to use but unfortunately the beeping will continue until the part is replaced, the board is sensing the probe is bad and thats the error code and the beeping accompanies the code. the only thing you can do is shut the power off when not in use, I don't believe the oven will work until the probe is replaced however. hope this info is helpful, thanks Bryan