Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Dishwasher model # GLD5860L//Serial # ML911800B...Problem with

Dishwasher model # XXXXX # XXXXX with spots and filming on glasses and flatware...also cloudiness on glassware.....have tried the vinegar rinse and Cascade Crystal Clear Rinse and detergent adjustments..likely dealing with soft water..attempted to find citric acid far no appreciated
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

it a hard water problem causing this, are you using jet dry in this?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
we are on city should be soft .....have used jet dry
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
try this. White filming on the glasses: Often this is a form of hard water filming, soak a glass with the white filming on it, in a bowl of undiluted vinegar for approximately 1/2 of an hour and wash the glass with some soap and rinse under the tap in hot water. If the white marks disappeared after soaking in vinegar and then washing, it was hard water filming
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
where can I get citric acid crystals???
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
actually this may sound funny but tang breakfast drink is great for using to clean these, just pout it in and let it run, this will break up the soup residue in the machine, try that and let me know, just put around the same amount you use for soap, no dishes in it though, then try you soap and see if its better, tang in full of citric acid, and work well. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
how can I verify if I have soft or hard water..can I call the water company??..also, what adjustments are needed to the detergent and rinse applications
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
awaiting response
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
must log off computor...e-mail reply to:[email protected].thanks
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
contacted water company.....will come to home on monday and test water...preliminary indication that the water will test a considerable degree of hardness.....if so, what are the detergent and rinse agents options???
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
unfortunately only a water softener will take care of that, sorry for the late reply I got called out on an emergency call, didn't get in till late, Thanks Bryan