Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

kenmore refrigerator ,795.77563600 I got a recall letter in

Customer Question

kenmore refrigerator ,795.77563600 I got a recall letter in 09 saying the energy star rating that the frig was sold with wasn't correct. They came out and changed the board in the back and the door gasket and I'm not sure if it was right away but it wasn't long after that that everything in the drawers and bottom shelf started to freeze no matter what you set the frig temp on. Could the changes made have caused this or is it another problem? Also can a repair manual for this model be purchased?
Thanks Devon
Category: Appliance
Expert:  william replied 3 years ago.
Did this start right after they swapped the board out?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Its been awhile ago but I'm pretty sure if it wasn't right away it was very soon after. I'm just a procrastinator and am just now trying to figure out what might be going on.
Expert:  william replied 3 years ago.
How long have you had this?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
If you mean the frig about 2.5 years, if you mean the problem about a year.
Expert:  william replied 3 years ago.

Do you feel warm air blowing out of the bottom front vent?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
no, you think maybe the condenser fan?
Expert:  william replied 3 years ago.
Could be. When was the last time you cleaned the condensor coils in this? Thanks.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I just pulled it out and removed the grill in the back. the reason I didn't feel anything is because the comp. and cond. fan weren't running, what I was hearing was the evap fan which I believe runs all the time. They came on and the cond. fan works, there was how ever quite a bit of dust which I just cleaned off. Could high condensing pressures cause extremely low temps in the bottom of the frig?
Expert:  william replied 3 years ago.

If there was alot of dirt or dust covering up the coils this will cause the problem that you are experiecing. You will need to get this all the way cleaned. They make a special brush for this you can get it at either lowes or home depot. This should fix your problem.

If this answers your question, please click the ACCEPT BUTTON This is how I get paid for my skills & knowledge.Need more info ask as long as it pertains to the same question. BONUSES are appreciated. NOTE: As I am not there this is based on your observations and information that i get from you. Thank-you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I got the coil cleaned. I appreciate your help and am gladly going to pay you for your time. I would although like a couple more question answered. First in my origainal post I asked if there was somewhere I could buy a repair manual for this model of refrigerator. Secondly gould you breifly explain to me how high condensing pressures/temps would cause low temps in that section of the frig. You can get as technical as you like, I presently do industrial refigeration and about 8 years ago I worked for a company called GCS and did repair to resturant refrigeration equipment. I do however understand that these refrigerators are getting more and more complicated and don't have a clue how all the systems on this thing work. I am by no means questioning your answer so doon't take this as such I'm just curious. Thanks Devon
Expert:  william replied 3 years ago.

Hey devon, let me check on that repair manuel for you first.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thanks William, as you can probably tell I like to try and do my own repairs and as you well know thats very difficult with out that specific units repair manual. I do understand that sometimes with equipment this new that it might be hard to get these from the manufacture but since you do this for a living I figure that if anyone would know where to find it you would. Thanks so much for your help.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

William, I didn't ever hear back from you but wanted to let you know that I have thoroughly clean then condenser coil and the refrigerator is still freezing whatevers in the bottom. Do you or any of the other experts have another idea?

Devon

Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

your damper assembly is bad,

this is suppose to open and close electronically as needed, this is either not closing tightly or not at all, hope this helps, thanks, Bryan

Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thank you Bryan. Do you change this damper out from the inside by removing the back behind the shelves?
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
yes, its in the back inside. hope this helps. thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes you have been very helpful, thanks for your help.
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
no problem. well wishes, Bryan