Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a ge gss25jfphc refridgerator which is not getting cool

I have a ge gss25jfphc refridgerator which is not getting cool enough to freeze icecream or make enough ice to fill the ice container. It just making a few pieces of ice per day even when the dial moved to the highest setting.

.

Hi. this is Bryan, welcome to Just Answer.

is there any frost on the back panel inside the freezer?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I am not sure where the back panel is located, but I noticed some frost on the bottom of the container where the ice is collected

OK, remove your food from the freezer and look straight into the back of the freezer , is there frost buildup on the back wall?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yes there is a thin film of ice on the backwall at the lower section of the freezer.
OK , you have a defrost issue, On these the most common failure is the defrost heater , you need to remove the back panel in the freezer and defrost all the ice and frost from the coils with a hair dryer, do you have a volt meter? do you know how to check continuity?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
At this point I will need to contact some one to come inside and fix this problem because I do not have a volt meter and also I do not know how to check for continuity. Thank you for your help. Now I am some aware of what happening with the refridgerator and will have some idea to explain to the tech when I call.
OK, well thanks and best wishes, Bryan