Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a stacking set of Maytag washer/dryer. The washer runs

Customer Question

I have a stacking set of Maytag washer/dryer. The washer runs but stops once the wash has run before the rinse part of the cycle. The water does drain out but does not pump. I think the pump has gone but not sure.
question 1) any ideas on that??
I probably need a technician.
I work full-time.
question 2) Is there someone who can come after about 4 pm some day?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.

If you did not include a model # XXXXX your question please do on you second reply if possible,this helps us serve you faster.

can you get me the model #?

you say this does or does not drain? does it just stop with no noise at the drain cycle?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
It stops with no noise. The first time it happened I hadn't realized it had stopped in the middle of the cycle, at first. It does drain, but does not pump, which is weird.

I don't know where to find the model number.

Where is the green 'accept' button?
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
is your drain hose up higher than the back of the washer? you say it drains but does not pump, I think the lid switch is the issue, I cant look this up without a model # XXXXX the dryer door and see if theres a tag with the model #, thanks Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Found it - inside dryer door as you said.
Model Number is XXXXX
Serial Number is XXXXX
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
ok great, is the door lock light comming on?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
yes
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
sorry had to go out last night, first thing to do is remove the front panel # XXXXX on this diagram,

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here
there are four screws . two on the hinges and two on the other side , remove the panel and check the pump for obstructions, let me know when you have this done, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No problem, I was out too.
I am off to work now and will be gone all day.
I will do this in early evening (Mountain Time).
Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX can get that panel off might get this resolved yet!

Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
OK , thanks let me know, Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I have been super busy, didn't get to that panel yet. Hopefully will try it in the morning, and will tell you what I see.
Thanks for patience.
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.

no problem, Let me know what you find, Thanks Bryan