Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a Kenmore 70 series gas deyer that dose not heat.I removed

I have a Kenmore 70 series gas deyer that dose not heat.I removed the front panel to obsurve the the dryer go through the igniting and gas burning cycles for about 20 minuets, and figured it to be ok. When I replaced the front pannel and started the dryer it would not heat. Can you help.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.

If you did not include a model # XXXXX your question please do on you second reply if possible,this helps us serve you faster.

can you get me the full model # ? when you put the panel back on it wont heat art all?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Model- stock #76722 695 number found on inside dryer door , is the green button on the top right?
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
don't worry about the green button yet lets see if we can get to the bottom of your problem, does the dryer lite at all right now? on the left side bottom of the front panel pop the little square cap of # XXXXX on this diagram,

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here
start the dryer and look through the whole, does the igniter glow? does it lite at all?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

When I started the dryer and looked thru the peep hole the burner was burning and the dryer was heating the no problem.... then in a short while it went out no heat.

Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
ok you gas valve coils need to be replaced ,

Register Here
you can order these @

Register Here
http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Gas-Valve-Solenoid-Set/3479 click the blue link, this will take care of your issue, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Curious: Iam pretty sure you know what your doing. What if I replace the gas valve coils and the problem persist?
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
if the dryer lits then goes out without restarting the gas coils are weak, the are magnetic and get weak after a few years, this is the most common reason. if by chance it doesn't fix the issue just leave this question open and come back and reply. I will get your reply, I'm pretty confident this is the problem however. thanks Bryan