Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a whirlpool cabrio washer about 3 years old which repeatedly

I have a whirlpool cabrio washer about 3 years old which repeatedly goes out of balance on the spin cycle. A repair man came and found nothing other than that he thought the drum was slightly warped - not perfectly spherical causing the problem and that this needed to be replaced.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.

If you did not include a model # XXXXX your question please do on you second reply if possible,this helps us serve you faster.

if the drum is warped this will cause unbalanced load, what is it you need to know?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I was skeptical that this was the problem since the repair man basically said it was the cause since he couldn't find anything else wrong, and why would the drum be warped now. The model number is XXXXX
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
I have seen this problem in these,, the problem with yours is the tub (basket) is not in stock, they are back ordered and I'm not sure if its still available. this tells you something, if there not available theres been a lot of issues with them, not to mention if you could get one they are expensive, these drums will warp after time depending on load size and whether its ever banged around out of balance hard in the past at all, these machines are trouble in many ways, i would consider a new washer at this point, wish I had better news, sorry, hope this info helps though, thanks Bryan