Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

What is a dl f code on my Kenmore HE4t front load washer mean

Customer Question

What is a dl f code on my Kenmore HE4t front load washer mean and how can i fix it? I replaced he door lock switch assembly but the code still is there. The door wont lock and the washer won't start.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 years ago.
F DL does mean that your door lock is faulty. But this means that either your door lock assembly or the micro computer that the door latch assembly plugs into can be bad. Since you've replaced the door latch assembly already, that makes this a very easy thing to pin down. You'll need to order and replace the microcomputer just behind the control panel in the front right corner.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

thanks...how do i find out the part number for the microcomputer for my unit and is it easy to install?

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 years ago.
it's easy to install, you'll need a full model number and then you can look it up at searspartsdirect.com or call a local appliance parts store and they can look the part up for you.