Alan
Alan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ years in the appliance repair field.
11470909

"Inherited" a Maytag Neptune front load washer. Need a manual,

Customer Question

"Inherited" a Maytag Neptune front load washer. Need a manual, and need to know where to find model number. Also, what was written on the inside of the lid for the detergent / bleach / softener? Mine is completely obliterated.

Washer was originally used in an area that had extraordinarilly heavy iron deposits - how do I get these orange stains out of the washer?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.

If you did not include a model # XXXXX your question please do on you second reply if possible,this helps us serve you faster.

ok look for the model # XXXXX the door when you open it on a tag, also look along the top of the control panel like you were looking over it to see behind, the model should be in one of these two places.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Front loader - no info on the inside of the door. Nothing on the top of the control panel.

Front looks like this:

Fabrics Wash/Rinse Options Start/Stop Dial

whites hot/cold max. extract on reg

colors warm/warm extra rinse signal heavy

delicate warm/cold stain cycle off normal

hand cold/cold reset

Maytag Neptune

Expert:  william replied 6 years ago.

Does it look like this?

Maytag Neptune MAH5500B Front Load Washer Logo

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

The door and what I can see of the detergent bin look like this, but the top is straight across.

Sorry to be such a Pain In the Anatomy!

Expert:  william replied 6 years ago.

Let me know if this is the one that you have? If not i will look elsewhere. Thanks. Your no pain at all!

http://www.warnersstellian.com/files/manualmah9700.pdf

Expert:  william replied 6 years ago.

This is for your model number.

http://www.applianceaid.com/newpics/laundry2.jpg

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Hi, William

Sorry, this is not the model - there is no "window" for error codes, and the detergent basket is totally different.

You've also send me another e-mail - I'll look at that next. Sorry it took so long to reply to you - my volunteer work takes up my Wed. evenings and Thurs. mornings.

Expert:  william replied 6 years ago.
Ok wheres your detergent tray located at? The top left hand corner on the flat part? Or the front side left hand corner?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Takes up most of the left hand side of the top - about 2 1/2" from the upright portion. The upright part, where the push-buttons are located, is straight across the top - no curves.
Expert:  william replied 6 years ago.

Does this look like yours?

neptune.jpg (15872 bytes)

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

HOORAY! Yes! That's the one!

Expert:  william replied 6 years ago.
Where you able to locate the model number from that one post that i sent you? There are a few model numbers for this one machine.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
No - I can't see over the top (to access the back of the machine), and there is nothing on the front, or inside the door.
Expert:  william replied 6 years ago.

Look at this picture of this diagram. Does this look somewhat like yours?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

No - mine is a grey 6" 2 part divided cup, with sort of rounded/pushed in partitions*, with a separate dark blue 4" bar (that I think adds water to the bleach or softener cups). The grey cup is removable, as is the blue bar. The larger, rear portion (not part of the grey cup) has a grid at the back of it. Since there was a lot of soap powder residue here, I'm assuming (bad thing to do!) that this is where the detergent goes.

Imagine a rectangular cup with pliable sides. Push in slightly on both the divider and the rear-most side - almost as if you were crimping a pie shell.

Expert:  william replied 6 years ago.

Sorry but i meant the control panel.n Go through these pictures and tell me which one is yours? We need to narrow this down to your model. Again there are so many model numbers going to one machine, Better yet does your top look like this diagram

http://www.repairclinic.com/Maytag-Washing-Machine-Dispenser-Components-Parts

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Hoooray again! Yes, that's what it looks like

Thanks for your patience !

Expert:  william replied 6 years ago.
Ok now i need to locate a manuel for you. As for your dirty tray try using lime away or CLR.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
OK - CLR or Lime Away. I look forward to the manual. Thanks!
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Hi, Willilam ~

Any luck in finding the user's manual?

Expert:  Alan replied 6 years ago.
Here is a link for the user manual for washer.

http://shared.whirlpoolcorp.com/assets/pdfs/literature/Use%20and%20Care%20Guide%20-%2022002298.pdf
Alan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20+ years in the appliance repair field.