Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a MAYTAG LDE9316ACE front loading dryer. When I turn

I have a MAYTAG LDE9316ACE front loading dryer. When I turn it on I hear a loud clank that sounds at a regular frequency (once every second). What's wrong? can I fix it?

The dryer is 14 years old.

one of your drum support wheels is bad,

you should replace both though, if one is bad the other isn't far behind, you can order these @ thanks Bryan

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
does it make more sense to get another new dryer?
how old is this one?if its real old you may want to replace the dryer. you will need to take the whole dryer apart to replace these, if you don't think you can do it a tech would charge about $140.00 to do the repair, hope this helps, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Information very helpful. The dryer is 14 years old. I've just spoken to maytag repair. they say $129 flat rate plus parts.

should we go for a new one?
well thats up to you , they are going to tell you when they get there that the belt should also be replaced, and it probably should, parts around $70.00 plus the $129.00 these are good dryers but its up to you, they built them to last back then. if you do replace this get a whirlpool they are the best today, thanks Bryan