Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

We have had our Kitchen Aid Refrigerator for 10 years and it

We have had our Kitchen Aid Refrigerator for 10 years and it is in a built in section of the kitchen. We have had trouble with the water dispenser freezing and not working for years. Please advise.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.

If you did not include a model # XXXXX your question please do on you second reply if possible,this helps us serve you faster.

can you get us the model #?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Model number is XXXXX readable on the frig - It is the small 2 door with water and ice on the outside of the door

Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
well this will need some research, give me a little while to see what I can come up with, thanks Bryan
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
when you leave the door open for a few minutes does it start giving water again?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Sometimes but it is not consistent

Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
does this have a chiller behind the crisper drawer in the refrigerator section?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
<p>It has coiled wire in back of crisper -enables water to come to dispenser</p><p>Looks like the Model number starts with 52- but it is so wrinkled can't be sure Looks like after further examination of the model number it could be KSB5206</p>
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
try taking a hair dryer to that coil and keep checking for water as you go see if it starts too flow. let me know thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Is there a permanent fix for the problem?

Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
did this work?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I am work so I was not able to try that but I would like to know if there is a permanent fix instead of everytime it freezes up to get a hair dryer. It is always worse in the winter.

Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
mostly turning the temp in the fridge a bit, there is really no permanent fix, let m,e know if it works, thanks Bryan