william, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Major Home Appliance Technician Specialist Whirpool Certificate

I have a Sharp Microwave oven, Model R-820JS-F. The display

Customer Question

I have a Sharp Microwave oven, Model R-820JS-F. The display no longer shows anything, but the unit seems to other wise work fine. Is this a hard thing to fix? Is the replacement of the display something I could do? Where do I find the part? etc. Thanks in advance for any help/
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 6 years ago.

The display array is part of the control board assembly. My parts sources indicate that the control board is no longer available from the factory. If you can still use the oven, I suggest a separate timer, such as a digital baking timer.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Relist: The answer is not an acceptable solution..
The answer is not an acceptable solution.
Expert:  william replied 6 years ago.
How many watts is your m/w?
Expert:  william replied 6 years ago.

Try these guys here. This is your best bet all because this part is no longer being produced anywhere.

If this answers your question, please click the ACCEPT BUTTON This is how I get paid for my skills & knowledge.Need more info ask as long as it pertains to the same question. BONUSES are appreciated. NOTE: As I am not there this is based on your observations and information that i get from you. Thank-you.

Expert:  william replied 6 years ago.
Do you still need help with this?