Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech
Experience:  Over 35 years of in home appliance repair and service
14308609

My microwave starts then stops after a minute or two, sometimes

My microwave starts then stops after a minute or two, sometimes blows the breaker on the main panel. What can I do
Hello, I'm Larry and here to try to help you with your problem today so please say on line ,, it may be only a few minutes before i can help

does it blow the fuse each time
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
No the fuse does not blow. Once you start it it will run then shut down. Everything goes blank and lite goes out. A few seconds later it will start to come back on. Then you have to start it again.
thanks ,, this will be the control board, the relays are getting hot and shutting off the control and then they cool, reset and you can start it again ,, you will have to replace the control board in order to fix this problem ,, thanks
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Is it worth replacing the control board or replace the microwave
how old is your unit?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The unit is 3 Years old
i cant tell you if you replace it because its your unit but i can tell you that it has two boards thats will have to be replaced and one cost about $100 and the other about $75 so your looking at about $200 for parts only and thats getting up close to replacement price on some units ,, hope this helps