Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

A friend of mine has an LG DLE2516W dryer and the CHECK FILTER

A friend of mine has an LG DLE2516W dryer and the CHECK FILTER light is flashing. The filter is clean and the exhaust pipe is clean. How do I get the light to go out?

the light is automatic when you start the dryer and if the filter is clean and the vent is clean its usually a board problem or the sensor. the problem is you really need a tech to diagnose this, these are electronic and you need to have the diagnostic info(which L.G. wont give out) it will need to be tested by a tech. sorry wish I had an easy answer, thanks Bryan

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thank you for your answer. Should the light come on automatically every time the dryer is turned on? Before I cleaned it all, the light was on steady. After cleaning, it was flashing. In both cases as soon as I started the dryer it went out. Is it safe to use the dryer?
yes , its fine to use , this is an automatic reminder to clean the filter. the board may be having an issue but nothing to worry about unless the dryer stops, it has safety's to cut it off if it overheats, thanks Bryan