Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I am very frustrated. I bought both the Bosch washer and dryer

I am very frustrated. I bought both the Bosch washer and dryer less than 15 months ago and have had a repair man come out 3 times, already. The face plate on the washer has cracked twice, luckily, while under warranty. Sadly, the face plate has cracked again!
Then, one month after the 1 year warranty expired the dryer heater stopped working. I was told that I should not have used Bounty dryer sheets. I washed the lint tray and no luck. It cost our family $130 to have a repair on that. I purchased Dryer balls and have cleaned the lint tray and one month later the heater on the dryer has stopped working, again!! I have two small boys and not much money. I am a teacher and don't have the time to dry all of our clothes on a line-especially since the rain season has come to Colorado. We cannot afford to pay $130 for the repair on this- can you tell us how to reset the dryer? I cannot think of why it would have gone off. I have totally stopped using dryer sheets and am washing the lint tray. Thank you for helping us with this. Sincerely, XXXXX XXXXX
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.

ok, you need to reset the thermostat on the side of the heater,

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here
pull the dryer away from the wall and remove the panel in the back , this will be mounted ion the side of the heater assembly, push the little red button to reset this, hope this helps, thanks Bryan