Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

maytag 6775bds both ovens will not turn on stove top works

maytag 6775bds both ovens will not turn on stove top works fine

what happens when you set one to back? does the control say its on? do you hear a faint click when you turn this on?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
faint click never moves off of preheat temp
ok the clock control is bad, , its a relay on the board , this is common on these.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here
let me find the best price for this.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
is there a relay that can be cleaned and or bypassed temporaly

here is the link to the part. the part # XXXXX W10166969 if you want to goggle it for a better price, thanks Bryan

unfortunately the relays cant be bypassed, sorry,

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
i could use a little more help than 3 weeks for the part i have six children is there any other way to safetly rig this in the mean time
no unfortunately, if you could bypass the relays the oven would just keep heating until it burns your house down, the relays control the temperature, Sears has this in stock and ships expedited if needed, heres the link, two days if you pay for expedited shipping, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

new unit part #w10166969 not the solution both stoves still do not work lower and upper

wow can you see the igniter's comming on? (glowing)
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
no and it is odd that all three would go bad at the same time i was looking at the schamatic and the only thing i could come up with is the white wire took back off everything looks ok ?
the white wire is the neutral do you have a volt meter ? I'm sorry the board didn't work right away, strange though, you need to see if the white wire has continuity back the white wire on the cord connector, i think your missing the neutral to the clock,
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
the clock and upper (stove top burners work) when you pull the plug and plug it back in H3 133 appears then disappears everything looks ok then you turn on the stove and nothing happens if you change temp it just locks in on preheat 100 and nothing happens
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

are you still trying to help or white flag?

thanks anyway if that is it

I'm really stumped one this,, not sure why the new control would do that, what I'll do is opt out for now and maybe someone else would know, in the meantime if I come up with anything I will come back and let you know, this will take some thinking, thanks Bryan
I think the door lock / latch assembly might be an issue , there are two switches on it I think one may be bad, I've gone over every part in this and theres is no safety so this leave the lock assembly, test that, its part # XXXXX on this diagram,

Register Here

Edited by Bryan on 10/15/2010 at 9:34 AM EST
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

yeah this is tough to do on line unfortunately, sorry, i will wait fro you reply ,Thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
is it possible the new unit is ng would that explain the tree burners not working?
that very well could be, I wouldn't suggest you play with the gas adjustments though,
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
my bad, i mean i bought a new clock control ($170) could that be bad?
well if the clock didn't work and you bought it from repair clinic they will let you return it, does it do the same thing the old clock did? if so its not the clock. return it, I really don't know what else to have you do besides what I told you, I would return the clock and call a tech at this point. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

so how do i test lock assembly 4 please

"this leave the lock assembly, test that, its part # XXXXX on this diagram"