esequiel walker
esequiel walker, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  my father has an appliance repair business for over 30 yrs i have 18 yrs exp
15396620

My oven door is locked and wont open. I tried pressing &

My oven door is locked and won't open. I tried pressing & holding the lock button and the clear button and nothing works. I also unplugged it and now it's beeping and I have an error message F11. Please advise.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  esequiel walker replied 3 years ago.

esequiel walker :

hi what grand is this oven please

Customer :

do u mean brand?

esequiel walker :

yes

esequiel walker :

sorry wrong button

Customer :

it's a frigidaire about 5 years old

Customer :

ES510 control, self-cleaning oven with deep well style cooktop

esequiel walker :

ok one second as i get info

esequiel walker :

is this a wall oven or range

Customer :

it's a stand up

esequiel walker :

ok

esequiel walker :

hi f11 means the keypad has one of the buttons stuck in for more than 60 seconds you will need to replace the touchpad on some ranges the touchpad and control board is all one piece

Customer :

ok but how can i open my oven door?

Customer :

and it won't stop beeping

Customer :

it's almost 10pm, where can I find a touchpad and how can i replace it?>

esequiel walker :

the beeping the only way to stop it is to pull the plug at the wall

Customer :

so leave the stove unplugged all night? is that safe b/c it's a gas stove

esequiel walker :

replace the control board as its all one part you can order it at www.repairclinic.com enter the complete model number and they ship overnight

Customer :

is there any way to un stick the stuck pads?

esequiel walker :

yes to light the top burners just get a light or match no gas comes through until the gas valve knob is turned on

Customer :

i don't understand what you are saying

esequiel walker :

ive had luck only one time i got a hot damp towel and rubbed over the buttons over and overs for a minute

Customer :

does the stove need to be plugged in?

esequiel walker :

this stove has a spark module which causes each burner to spark when turned on if you unplug the stove the gas is still able to be used when you turn the knob just use a match to light the burner

esequiel walker :

you only need the stove plugged in to use the oven

esequiel walker :

did you understand this sir

Customer :

ok so i did what u said and I don't get the error message anymore but the door is still locked

esequiel walker :

ok unplug it for about 3 minutes lets see if it will reset when back on press cancel or end whichever stops the complete function

Customer :

ok kust plugged it

Customer :

just unplugged it

esequiel walker :

ok

esequiel walker :

i use a skinny rod to slide in and unlatch the door hook to open the door up

Customer :

where and which side?

Customer :

and how?

Customer :

can I use like a hanger?

Customer :

hello is anyone there?

esequiel walker :

yes

Customer :

re: your response

Customer :

can u advise?

esequiel walker :

the latch is dead center if you can see just a little where its at you might can hook it with a hanger

esequiel walker :

but a skinny long rod will give you leverage to push it out of the lock position

esequiel walker :

push left to right

Customer :

ok so I was able to unlock the door but the loc light is still lit on the panel which I think means I cannot use my oven any advice on how to repair?

esequiel walker :

hi great job to fix the oven overall issue replace the control board

Customer :

ok thank u so much

Customer :

i appreciate your assistance

esequiel walker :

you are welcome

esequiel walker :

pressing accept pays me thnanks

Experience: my father has an appliance repair business for over 30 yrs i have 18 yrs exp