John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

my electric dryer has power, but the drum wont rotate

my electric dryer has power, but the drum won't rotate?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 6 years ago.

Thanks for the question.

Does the motor start up but the drum isn't turning is that the problem.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The motor kick on, but just makes a humming noise, as if it has the power to kick the drum in motion, but nothing happens.
Expert:  John replied 6 years ago.

http://www.partselect.com/AdvancedModelSearch.aspx?ModelNum=lea10aw&mfgModelNum=PLEA10AW&fkMfgID=1

The blower can have a sock caught in it, check the blower, heres the complete breakdown to help with the problem.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I don't know where the blower is. I vacuumed the lint tray and inside, as well as where the duct work enters the back of the dryer.
Expert:  John replied 6 years ago.

http://www.partselect.com/PartDetail.aspx?Inventory=2052494&SourceCode=1#RepairStory

This is the blower, the top has to be lifted and the front removed the blower is on the right side on the floor.Theres a spring clip about 2 in from each corner use a flat screwdriver and push in at the clips this will release the top, remove the two screws that hold the front on , remove the front and set it aside, now you can clean out the blower if theres something in the blower

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
are there only two tabs, and in the in the front (only)? Something is stopping us from removing the top?!
Expert:  John replied 6 years ago.
I'm sorry theres a bottom panel you can remove , theres two screws one at each corner at the bottom of the panel, remove the panel the blower is on the right.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
It worked!! Thank you so much!
Expert:  John replied 6 years ago.

Great job.

Thanks and God Bless.