esequiel walker
esequiel walker, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  my father has an appliance repair business for over 30 yrs i have 18 yrs exp
15396620

my bosch dishwasher gives me an error code sometimes. It is

my bosch dishwasher gives me an error code sometimes. It is E:24. I try to run the cycle again but sometimes I get this error code several times in a row. What does this mean?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  esequiel walker replied 6 years ago.

esequiel walker :

hi there

esequiel walker :

e24 means that one of the drainlines is clogged or the drain pump is bad .

esequiel walker :

E24 indicates a draining failure.

The service manual shows, e24 = draining failure, missing cover?

If the appliance has stopped full of water then you have to check the drain hose for blockages, especially where it connects to the drain. Check the pump for a blockage, bail out the water manually and remove the filters. You should find a cover held by a screw covering the pump impellor. Take out the screw, take off the cover and remove anything jamming the pump. Refit the cover and try the appliance again

esequiel walker :

pressing accept for my help pays me thanks

JACUSTOMER-ggy56bcn- :

When it stops there is no water in the machine. I get this message randomly. For example, yestereday, I got the message about 4 times in a row. Then I ran the machine again and I did not get the message and it went all the way to zero.

JACUSTOMER-ggy56bcn- :

Does the error message mean it stops when 24 minutes are left or just randomly during the cycle? I have watched the time go down as low as 1 hour from 1:59.

JACUSTOMER-ggy56bcn- :

There is a place at the bottom where I can check to get rid of debrie that has built up. I will check that and reply again.

esequiel walker :

hi ar you there

JACUSTOMER-ggy56bcn- :

yes I am here. did you get my last reply to your answer?

what did you find
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
There is no standing water. I checked the drain and there is no blockage. Since this error only happens randomly I am stumped as to what or where the blockage can be.

What do you think? See my replies above.

i went to a site and they state that e24 is just a temporary sensor fault that unplugging the machine for a few minutes will reset the board