rick ready
rick ready, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have 29 years exp. on all makes and models just ask
26453129

My hgs7282uc /02 RANGE DOOR does not close properly and the

My hgs7282uc /02 RANGE DOOR does not close properly and the heat keeps damaging the knobs and oven seal. Service company has been ineffective at helping me fix this. Can you tell me what parts to replace and how to fix and I'll fix it myself.

rick ready :

hello you will need to replace the fixing kit(door hinges left and right and the gasket.

rick ready :

those part #s are 402=640936/403=640937,gskt is 491899=404 three digit #s are on imege.

rick ready :

Full Size Image

JACUSTOMER-ls0vpn4b- :

The fixing kit has already been replaced (twice). The problem is not the hinges they were fixed.

rick ready :

wher you there to see them change out both hinges?

JACUSTOMER-ls0vpn4b- :

yes the hinges were broken and now appear to be working. However, the top latch does not work and so the door has a permanent gap causing heat loss.

rick ready :

brb

JACUSTOMER-ls0vpn4b- :

I was wrong about that last. The only way the door closes is if we hold it as the self-clean mode is selected. Once the lock symbol shows it does lock. The service techs have replaced the hinges once and never came back with a second set of new ones, so my wife thinks, even though the new hinges are not bent or slipping out (as they did) that the hinges may not be working correctly. She saw them change the hinges the last time however.

JACUSTOMER-ls0vpn4b- :

Problem appears to be that the oven has never had a door that functioned since we bought it (2007).

rick ready :

thank you that would be correct the hinges are what pull the door tight replace the hinges and your prob.is solved. thank you please press the accept for thet is how i get paid bonus is appiecaed