Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have refrigerator model number GI7FVCXWY01 that the ice maker

I have refrigerator model number GI7FVCXWY01 that the ice maker appears to have stopped working. I notice the ice bin drawer was not full closed and there was a lot of moisture around the chute. That was yesterday, that I ensure the drawer is closed. Still do not have any ice in the bin.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Barry G. replied 4 years ago.
On your freezer wall are two parts. Emitter and receiver pictured below. Please press the emitter on the left side and observe the receiver on the right side. What you are looking for is a sequence. Please tell me the sequence both open and closed.

Thanks,
Barry

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

Edited by Barry G on 10/10/2010 at 12:37 PM EST
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Barry, this is a three door frig. The ice maker is in the left hand portion of the frig, not in the freezer. There are no emitters like you picture. Are you sure you are familiar with this model?
Expert:  Barry G. replied 4 years ago.
My fault, I did not look at the closeup of the drawing. Let me start again.

If you look at the fingers of the ice maker thats the part that rotates around to scoop the ice out of the ice maker and drop it into the bin what position are they in?

Also is the ice maker dry, no frozen ice in it?

Thanks,
Barry
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
As best I can tell, the finger are up, but hard to see. The icemaker appears to be empty
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.

Barry opted out , let me take a look at this, you say the fingers look like they are straight up?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

the ice maker is on the roof of the frig part left hand side, there is only a small trap door so it is hard to see inside. No ice has been made since yesterday some time. is there a reset button or menu selection

Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
no theres no reset, the ice maker itself has failed, very common on these, remove the ice maker and make sure no ice is jammed in it, sometimes a cube will get jammed in it, in my experience though on these the ice maker is almost always bad, you can order this @ http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Icemaker/1545748 thanks Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.