Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

My microwave oven goes on for about 15 seconds and then cuts

My microwave oven goes on for about 15 seconds and then cuts out. The message on the machine reads "Welcome to Panasonic. Refer to operating instructions". It's a Panasonic Dimension 4 combination oven, Model NNB 706.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
how old is this? the smart board is the problem but I cant find the parts, is this a counter top model?.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

It is a counter top model but I don't know exactly how old it is. I bought it secondhand last year. It has been working fine for just over a year. The model number is XXXXX not 706 as I originally said. I could probably find the serial number if required.

Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
well to be honest the parts no longer come up so I cant find the smart board but I can tell you that its more to repair than to replace, the smart boards are usually around 100-150 dollars, much more than a new counter top microwave, at this point I would replace the microwave, hope this info helps, thanks Bryan