S.E.Thomas
S.E.Thomas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  16 yrs in the field and current owner of S.E.Thomas appliance
23707800

how do I reset a kenmore model 911, the Lock light flashes

how do I reset a kenmore model 911, the Lock light flashes when I turn it on, oven does't work._This happened once before and there is a combination of clock/timer button press and hold to fix. can't rmember it.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  S.E.Thomas replied 4 years ago.

S.E.Thomas :

one min

S.E.Thomas :

is the oven or the top locked?

S.E.Thomas :

i guess your not online at the moment. try the stop cancel button for 5 seconds

S.E.Thomas :

some models is the start button. there are a few others i can get for you if it is not these

Customer :

the door is not locked, the lock light flashes, the only button options I have are the Clock and Timer.

Customer :

I've left it unplugged all night and will plug it back in some time this morning.

S.E.Thomas :

is this a maytag wall oven? if not then i dont think you gave the correct model number

Customer :

It's a kenmore, model #(NNN) NNN-NNNN/p>

Customer :

just ran the clean function for 20 min, waiting for it to cool down and see if it works after that

S.E.Thomas :

if you were able to run the clean function then the control is not locked. what where you pushing when it was saying locked?

Customer :

just tried to turn the oven on, the lock light started flashing

Customer :

oven wouldn't come on

S.E.Thomas :

does this unit have a manual thermostat then?

Customer :

for oven temp ?

S.E.Thomas :

yes

Customer :

have dial with different temps and functions

Customer :

go clockwise starts at wm goes to 500 then Clean, Broil back to off

S.E.Thomas :

this is a GE model. give me one min to check the lock on ge

S.E.Thomas :

on this model this would mean that the control thinks that the door is locked. not a control lock

S.E.Thomas :

this means that either the control is bad or the lock is bad

Customer :

okay, I had a problem before with it locked a nd there is a combination of the clock and timer pad to reset it, can't remember the exact procedure.

S.E.Thomas :

did the clean function work correctly?

S.E.Thomas :

it is possible that the lock was out of sequence.

S.E.Thomas :

let me know if it is still giving you the same problem after the clean cycle completes. also did the door lock when you started the cycle?

Customer :

door is locked now still waiting for it to cool down to see if it unlocks

S.E.Thomas :

ok good. that means that the lock works at least. let me know what happens when it cools

Customer :

it seems to be working fine now, thanks for your time.

S.E.Thomas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 16 yrs in the field and current owner of S.E.Thomas appliance