John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

My daughts Maytag Performa Dryer Lint trap is clogged an I

Customer Question

My daughts Maytag Performa Dryer Lint trap is clogged an I cant seen to get it clean with vacuum attachments it is impacted... HELP!!!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 6 years ago.

Thanks for the question,

the front can be removed to get at the insides , send me the model number I will send you a breakdown to help you with that problem.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

The model # XXXXX XXXXX

Expert:  John replied 6 years ago.

http://www.partselect.com/ModelFrames.aspx?ModelID=179959&ModelNum=pyet244ayw&mfgModelNum=&ManufactureID=1&Selected=54381&Position=3&mfg=Maytag&Type=&Mark=3

Theres two spring clips about 2 in from each corner, use a flat screwdriver and push in at the clips , now lift the top , remove the screws that hold the front on , now you should be able to clean out the lint.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I removed the torque screws in the front but there is something holding it in place still. I am affraid of breaking the lint trap
Expert:  John replied 6 years ago.
All it shows are the two clips at the bottom if the screws are taken out that hold the front on you should be able to remove the front.you can clean the lint once the front is removed.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I would love to remove the front.. I see no clips I removed the torque scres an it loosens the top but thr bottom is tight
Expert:  John replied 6 years ago.
Do you have the top up theres no screws to remove to get the top up
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I found the answer somewhere else, but thank you so much for your time.
Expert:  John replied 6 years ago.

Great that its fixed.

Thanks and God Bless.