Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Our Kenmore dishwasher wont drain. I understand there is

Our Kenmore dishwasher won't drain. I understand there is a drain cap somewhere that might need cleaned out. If this correct and, if so, where is it? Thanks!

let me take a look at your model and I'll be back soon, thanks Bryan

the most common cause for this is the is the drain check valve, this is what the drain line connects to on the pump under the machine, remove the front kick plate at the bottom under the door and on the right front of the pump assembly you will see the drain hose, get some towel ready and remove the drain hose, then unscrew the check valve counter clockwise and pull it out . clean it good and put it back, this should take care of your drain problem, hope this helps, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Just a minute. My son is trying to get the kickplate off. I am a 67 year old widow with bad knees - can't get down there.
sure no problem
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
We got that done. water, water, everywhere. Ran a quick cycle and it is NOT draining. Do you have another suggestion. Is there something inside the dishwasher that can clog it?
well , when this goes to drain do you hear the motor stop and then reverse direction? the only other thing would be a clog down in the pump assembly, the only this I can do is send you this diagram of the pump assembly so you can take it apart and check,

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here