S.E.Thomas
S.E.Thomas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  16 yrs in the field and current owner of S.E.Thomas appliance

Hello; Ive just acquired an older Jenn-Air wall oven model#

Customer Question

Hello;

I've just acquired an older Jenn-Air wall oven model# XXXXX and I was looking for a manual for it. I've tried searching the Jenn-Air site (among many others) but get no results on my search.

Can you please point me in the right direction?

Thank you

Category: Appliance
Expert:  S.E.Thomas replied 3 years ago.

S.E.Thomas :

for some reason the manual for this model is not available. if you go to http://www.managemylife.com/mmh/owner_manuals/search?query=jenn+air+oven they have manuals for models close to your model. by browsing through these you may be able to locate one that is the same manual as yours as it is very common for them to use one manual for several models.

Customer :

This is exactly what was needed. Your site located a manual for a model W188 which appears to be identical, for all intents and purposes, to the W198 that I have. Thank you very much...:)

Customer :

The site also provides a link for parts which will come in handy to buy the meat probe that goes with this unit but it tells me the racks are no longer available. I only have one and would like one or two more. Any idea where I might come across some of these? Thanks again...:)

Customer :

I'm afraid if I hit the Accept button this conversation will go away and we won't be able to finish our conversation here. So I'm going to give you my email address and ask that you use it to let me know if you have any thoughts on the racks I need. I'll leave this up for the day and then click on Accept tonight...you've been very helpful...thank you again...:)

Customer :

Email address:XXX@XXXXXX.XXX

S.E.Thomas :

as far as the recks go i can not find them anywhere either. they all say no longer available. your best bet would be to take the one you have to a local independent service company in your area and see if they can match the size up to a used one maybe. you can not send me your email address or phone numbers as the system blocks them out. that is considered personal info and they do not allow us to see it. it just comes up as XXXXXXXXXXXX. you can click accept at any time. this question will always be in your account and can be replied to at any time. thank you S.E.Thomas.

S.E.Thomas :

i see you have not accepted my answer yet. is there something else i can assist you with? please let me know asap. thank you S.E.Thomas

Customer :

I have accepted the answer...thanks for the help. I have found a number of sites that say they have the racks only to find the are No Longer Available. Add to that the fact that they appear to be a unique design and you find yourself in even deeper water on this one. I might just have to find something close and modify it to suit my needs. A bit of a pain but I can't complain...I only paid $45 for it at HFH so if I have to hunt for or fabricate a couple of shelves so be it...:)

Customer :

Bummer about the email address. I'd like to hear from you if you happen to run across a source for these shelves. And if I happen to get lucky I wouldn't mind sharing the info with you. Tell you what...let's do it this way: ntm (those are really the only three letters) (then the standard symbol) socal (then the standard punctuation mark) rr (repeat the previous punctuation mark) (end with the standard extension for a company as opposed to a network or an organization). Hopefully this will work. If I hear from you and I find some sort of solution for this I'll be happy to share it with you. Take care and be well sir...:)

S.E.Thomas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 16 yrs in the field and current owner of S.E.Thomas appliance