Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

what kind of glue do I need to use to replace the door gasket

what kind of glue do I need to use to replace the door gasket on my LG front loader?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.

these gaskets have a clamp for the tub part and lip over the front door opening, was the old one glued?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I haven't tried to take it off yet. It just seems to be sealed around the edges, and I don't want to break that seal until I know what it's going to take to get the new one in and sealed tight. It seems like I could just pull it free on the drum edge, but the door opening edge seems to be sealed. Oh, I see! It has some kind of metal wring clamping it on. Can I ask how I get that off and back on?
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
yes theres a spring clamp on that side, its like a large spring you take a small screw driver and get it under the spring and pry it up and off around the front, put it back in reverse. thanks Bryan