Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have an electric dryer that tumbles, but wont heat. Circuit

I have an electric dryer that tumbles, but won't heat. Circuit breakers are on and the vent works. What can i do?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.

If you did not include a model # XXXXX your question please do on you second reply if possible,this helps us serve you faster.

can you get me the full model #?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
There's a TYPE

Does that help?
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
if you open the door there should be a tag with the model # XXXXX it , can you check there? the # XXXXX gave me doesn't come up.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I see nothing that says model #

There is a number labeled MDD WED530SQ0

There is a number labeled SEA MT4503633
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
good got it, let me take a look at the parts in this and I'll be back. thanks Bryan
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
this is one of two things, ! the heating element is bad, or two the high limit thermostat on the side of the element had failed, this comes ion a set, do you have a volt meter?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
No I don't.

If I need a repair tech, please advise the potential cost. It's a fairly old dryer that has never worked that well (Clothes not dry and the end of the cycle), so we might be better off getting a new one.
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
these are usually good dryers but your cost if you had a tech fix it would be around $60. for the heater and $ 30 for the thermostats plus your probably looking at $79.00-$125.00 for labor depending on who you call, you may want to consider a new dryer at this point since you say it never really worked correctly, thanks Bryan