Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

My samsung front load washer will not sin or drain. I can

My samsung front load washer will not sin or drain. I can call a techniican but the clothes are still inside and I need to open the "locked" door.

one this you will need to pull the emergency door lock ring to open, its located on the bottom of the door lock assembly, you will need to remove the top and reach down inside to the door lock and pull it down to release.

you can see the ring in the picture on the right side, it faces down in the machine however. thanks Bryan

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Do you mean the top of the machine? How do i remove the top?

yes the top of the machine, there are two screws in the back you remove to get the top off.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here
hope the diagram helps. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
OK - would you be able to help me clean out the pump? There is still water in the washer so if I unlock the door the water will come out. Ultimately I would like to try and fix the machine, which I beleive is a jammed water pump, based on what so many others are saying on line.
you can clean the pump but on this one its very difficult, its underneath the tub inside the machine, you would need to remove the back access panel and reach in to get to this, and then you will have a flood anyway, its best left to a tech, if you need your clothes out try tipping the machine back and leaning against the wall then pop the door open, then get your clothes out and bail as much water out before removing the pump hoses. thanks Bryan