Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have an older model oven (model CGR3740BDH, ser. #13633210ZD)

I have an older model oven (model CGR3740BDH, ser. #13633210ZD) and recently the broiler quit working, it won't ignite. Everything else concerning the oven is working fine. Could you possibly tell me what might be wrong?

you need to replace the broiler igniter>

these get weak and don't draw enough amps to open the gas valve , you can order this @ it comes with instructions, thanks Bryan

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
How difficult is it to get to the igniter, I have relatively good mechanical skills, or should I refer it to a "pro"?
we you can do this yourself, shut the power off to the oven, take the two screws out holding this on the burner assembly under the bottom of the oven, you will need to remove the bottom plate in the oven,and unplug the old one (if its plugged in) some of these are just wired in with wire nuts, and replace it with the new one, just be careful not to hit it on anything these are real fragile, thats all there is to it, heres a diagram if that helps,

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here
thanks Bryan