S.E.Thomas
S.E.Thomas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  16 yrs in the field and current owner of S.E.Thomas appliance
23707800

My front loader Amana washing machine will not fill with hot

Customer Question

My front loader Amana washing machine will not fill with hot watter. I have replaced the hot water valve and still no hot. Is it in the controler?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  S.E.Thomas replied 4 years ago.

S.E.Thomas :

if you have replaced the valve then it is most likely the control board. if you have access to a volt meter you can check this by testing for power at the valve while setting washer to fill on hot. if you do not have the power at the valve then you need the control board.

Customer :

The cold works

Customer :

I will try that in the morning

Customer :

Could it be a broken wire?

S.E.Thomas :

if you are sure that the water is flowing from the hose and changed the valve then this is the only other thing that can cause you to not have hot water. it is possible but doubtful.

Customer :

How much is a control board?

S.E.Thomas :

you van follow the two wires to the board from the valve and test the power at the plug on the board or unplug the harness and test for continuity through the two wires. the board can be purchased at a discounted price from www.appliancepartspros.com. the part number is AP4044616 and the cost is $192.42

Customer :

OK, thanks!

Customer :

If I pay you now and that is not it can I come back and ask another question?

Customer :

Hello ?

S.E.Thomas :

yes you can always return to your question

S.E.Thomas :

sorry the system is a little slow for some reason tonight

Customer :

How do I pay?

S.E.Thomas :

the answer is yes you can come back to this question at any time

S.E.Thomas :

are you getting my replies?

Customer :

Do I just click on accept?

S.E.Thomas :

you should have a button at the bottom of your screen to accept the answer

S.E.Thomas :

yes that is the one. then if you need to come back just sign in and click on your original question

Customer :

OK Thanks

S.E.Thomas :

your welcome and thank you

S.E.Thomas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 16 yrs in the field and current owner of S.E.Thomas appliance