S.E.Thomas
S.E.Thomas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  16 yrs in the field and current owner of S.E.Thomas appliance
23707800

Our Gas Range Model MGR5765QDW does not allow us to select

Our Gas Range Model: MGR5765QDW does not allow us to select either BAKE or BROIL. We tried to do an OVEN CLEAN and it never seemed to kick in....

All cooktop burners are working... We did have to reset a circuit breaker, but even powering down the oven does not start BAKE, BROIL or CLEAN
Category: Appliance
Expert:  S.E.Thomas replied 4 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
S.E.Thomas :

does the display say anything when the buttons are pushed?

Customer :

Yes all of the displays are working -- when I select a temperature is simply sits and does not ever light the oven.

S.E.Thomas :

so it will not light on bake or broil?

Customer :

Yes that is correct

S.E.Thomas :

how long did you wait after setting the temp?

Customer :

About 3 - 5 minutes

S.E.Thomas :

set it to broil and open the door. at the top you can see the broil burner. tell me if it is glowing?

Customer :

ok hold on

S.E.Thomas :

sure

Customer :

There is a glowing element at the top of the oven next to the burner

S.E.Thomas :

is it still on?

S.E.Thomas :

let it on for a few min and see if it lights

Customer :

I just went back and checked, the broiler burner is now lit and burning

S.E.Thomas :

ok then the broil is working. the problem is the igniter on the bake burner. this is very common. the part number is XXXXX

S.E.Thomas :

this can be found at www.appliancepartspros.com at a discounted price

S.E.Thomas :

to replace this remove the oven bottom

Customer :

OK I will do so... thanks for your help!

S.E.Thomas :

put a drop of dish liquid on the threads of the 2 screws holding the igniter before removing. if you do not use the dish liquid they will strip

S.E.Thomas :

once the screws are removed the wires just plug in

Customer :

Ok -- any other tips?

Customer :

ok thanks

S.E.Thomas :

nope thats all you need to know. your welcome and thank you

S.E.Thomas :

please do not forget to accept.

Customer :

good night and thanks

S.E.Thomas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 16 yrs in the field and current owner of S.E.Thomas appliance