S.E.Thomas
S.E.Thomas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  16 yrs in the field and current owner of S.E.Thomas appliance
23707800

I need instructions to change a dryer belt on a Kenmore Laundry

I need instructions to change a dryer belt on a Kenmore Laundry Center stackable, model # XXXXX
Category: Appliance
Expert:  S.E.Thomas replied 6 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
S.E.Thomas :

you must remove the tilted panel between the washer and dryer first. then the dryer front. the screw (4) are across the top of the dryer front. it will then tilt forward and then remove. you can then remove the old belt and replace.

S.E.Thomas :

once the belt is in position you can assemble the front parts and slide the unit out and remove the square cover from the rear of the dryer in the bottom right side. this will allow you to look inside and replace the belt around the motor and idler pulley

Customer :

I have ordered the belt from Kenmore but it will not be here until sometime late next week, Your advice sounds fairly straightforward but I can't look at the unit and take it apart until the belt com3es as it is in a rental unit that I own. Can I hold off accepting until then in case I have additional questions? Thanks, Steve

S.E.Thomas :

yes not a problem. just send a post back saying hi once a day so that the site does not close your question. will look forward to hearing from you

Customer :

I;ll continue to keep in touch. Thanks! Steve

S.E.Thomas :

no problem.

Customer :

I should have my belt on Thursday and will be installing it on Friday. Thanks for your patience.

S.E.Thomas :

graet to hear. will be looking forward to it.

Customer :

Hi-

Customer :

my belt is backordered so I will accept now so you can be paid. If when the belt comes and I have further questions can I contact you on tnhis site to ask any further questions? Thanks for your help